4/27/2008 10:01:00 PM
Dear 08S6A,
I am truly touched by all your efforts in organizing this outing (I understand everyone chipped in, and we discovered the culinary skills of your classmates :). Despite the sweltering heat, we all had a great time!
This is the sweetest farewell I could get from my (former/)form class, and it was truly memorable for me. Thank you for making my last moments with all of you those of laughter and joy, when it would be all too easy to feel sadness in our parting...
Perhaps in school life, we lack these opportunities to know each other as people; to understand each other's stories. I'm glad that I could do so today.
As I am writing this, I am trying to suppress the immense sadness in having to leave all of you, but it is something I have to do, at this point in my life.
I am also comforted by my belief that all of you will go on to pursue the happiness and success that you are capable of. Remember to be thankful, joyful and true to yourself always.
Though I am losing 26 students, I would like to think I have gained 26 friends...
OHY
(Thanks for not dunking me into the water today)
Labels: Personal Posts